Image credit: VectorStory | Getty Images
Thousands, if not millions, of businesses across America have already been affected by the coronavirus pandemic. That’s why GoFundMe created its Coronavirus Small Business Relief Initiative, which the company claims “is intended to support our friends and neighbors at local businesses facing financial loss from the COVID-19 pandemic. Make a difference today by donating or starting a small business fundraiser.”
So, if you own a business, it might be time to set up a GoFundMe that can help. If you love a local company that’s struggling right now, you can check the website to see whether you can donate or whether you might be able to start a GoFundMe for that business. If you’re simply in a giving mood, here are three businesses asking for donations right now.
1. Seattle Hospitality Emergency Fund (Seattle)
“As we all come to terms with the health crisis here in Seattle,” write fundraising organizers Jessica Tousignant and Candace Whitney Morris, “our vibrant and essential hospitality industry workers are also staring down the possibility of economic catastrophe. Seattle hospitality workers currently have the ability to apply for full or partial unemployment, and our city is working to pass a ban on evictions during this time.”
This fund is intended for Seattle-based workers whose hours have been cut due to the crisis and are not otherwise being compensated.
2. Lettuce Employee Emergency Relief Fund (Chicago)
“Instead of supporting us,” write Lettuce co-founders and siblings RJ, Jerrod and Molly Melman, who were previously featured on Entrepreneur. “We would prefer that you help support all of our amazing employees that need the most assistance during the crisis. Our team has set up The Lettuce Entertain You Employee Emergency Relief Fund to contribute to the financial support of our Lettuce team members during this national health emergency. Our family has set aside $1 million to get this fund started.”
3. Miami Restaurant Employee Relief Fund (Miami)
This fund’s focus is, according to GoFundMe organizers Felix Bendersky and Soraya Kilgore, “raising awareness and funds to provide grants to full-time restaurant workers in Miami-Dade County who are dependent on hourly wages (plus many who rely on tips) to cover basic living expenses and provide for their families.”
Bendersky and Kilgore say they want to provide “$250 grants to as many qualifying grantees as possible with 100% of donations (less GoFundMe standard fees) going directly to those affected.”
These businesses are, of course, just the tip of the iceberg: there are already more than 100,000 entries in the GoFundMe Coronavirus Small Business Relief Initiative. Take a look here to find the rest.
Written by Kayla Carmicheal
Okay, okay, I’ll admit it — to waste time, I start a Google search query and let the suggestions do the rest, hoping to fall into a rabbit hole of interesting facts.
For instance, today’s lucky search query was “How many businesses”, and I ended up going with “…does Shaq own” (let’s just say, I was shocked to see the result.)
Here’s what I figured out: Shaquille O’Neal is the joint owner of over 150 Five Guys restaurants, 17 Auntie Annie’s Pretzels restaurants, over 100 car washes, 40 fitness centers, a mall, a movie theater, and a few Vegas nightclubs.
With over 30 million businesses just in the United States (and 300 owned by Shaq alone), it’s easy to slip into panic mode if you work for a small start-up. How are you supposed to attract customers when there’s so much competition?
You might feel like you’re constantly throwing darts at the wall and seeing what sticks in the realm of business promotion. Or, perhaps you’ve hit a plateau with traffic and you’re wondering how you can boost lead generation.
Let’s talk about how to promote your business.
How to Promote Your Business
- Craft a brand image to stick out among the crowd.
- Know your audience and what they respond to.
- Start using social media to expand your reach.
- Make use of an email marketing strategy.
- Engage with your audience to build community.
- Optimize your content to get found.
1. Craft a brand image to stick out among the crowd.
2. Know your audience and what they respond to.
3. Start using social media to expand your reach.
4. Make use of an email marketing strategy.
5. Engage with your audience to build community.
6. Optimize your content to get found.
I wanted to make sure you heard about the training that’s happening TONIGHT @ 9PM EST!
4 of the top home business leaders are coming out, for one special night… to show YOU how they create surges of cashflow in their businesses.
Money you can earn and spend THIS WEEK!
These are people in the trenches, doing it every single day, and they hold the secrets we want to know.
Register below now while you still can!
Here’s some of what they’ll reveal…
* How even a brand new person with very little knowledge or skill-set can still get paid today… we’ll prove it!
* The ‘Quick Cash Fundamentals’ that allow top earners to create surges of cashflow whenever you want.
* 4 Top Earners EXPOSE their best money making secrets so you can get in profit as early as this week!
* Exactly what we’d do if we were BRAND NEW with no audience… and had to earn an extra $500 this week.
* And much more!
If you want money now (instead of 3 to 5 years down the road) that you can use to pay your bills today…
Then this is where you need to be…
See ya Tonight!
Sharon R. 😉